NOACA’s Air Quality Planning & Programs are dedicated to improving air quality and increasing public awareness of the impact of air pollution. NOACA administers the Ozone Action Day Program (OAD), Fine Particulate Program (FP3) and is involved in air quality outreach activities.
Our planning activities include the development of State Implementation Plans (SIPs) and Transportation Conformity Analysis for regionally significant transportation projects.
To learn more about the programs, click on the links below:
Air Quality Programs:
Clean Air Campaigns:
- Sign up to receive free e-mail advisories when ozone and fine particle pollution levels are expected to exceed the health standard.
- View near real-time air quality monitor readings and air quality forecasts for your area.
- Learn about the health impact of air pollution.
Air Quality Planning:
- Gohio Commute is the premier ride planning, matching, and logging tool available for free to anyone who lives, works, or attends school in Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, and Medina Counties. This interactive platform gives you the information you need to make smart choices – and save money, improve your health, and improve air quality. You can also connect with nearby commuters to share your ride. Just plan your trip, then watch the savings grow!
- NOACA's Commuter Choice Awards encourage people to try alternative modes of transportation.
- NOACA encourages anti-idling ordinances and provides anti-idling signs to communities and individuals for free. Contact us for more information.
- Hosting an environmental event? Invite us.
NOACA plans for air quality improvements in transportation projects.