On June 14, 2019, the NOACA Board of Directors will consider adding the project described below to the long-range transportation plan and State Fiscal Years 2018-2021 Transportation Improvement Program
. The project will also be reviewed and considered by the following NOACA councils/subcommittee/committees:
- Transit Council, February 15, 9:00 a.m. meeting
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Council, February 15, 10:30 a.m. meeting
- Safety and Operations Council, February 15, 1:00 p.m. meeting
- Transportation Subcommittee, March 15, 10:30 a.m. meeting
- Planning and Programming Committee, April 12, 2019, 11:30 a.m. meeting
- Executive Committee, May 10, 2019, 11:30 a.m. meeting
Major Rehabilitation of US-20 in Madison Township (Lake County)
This project is included in ODOT District 12’s Program.
Major rehabilitation of US-20 in Madison Township
: Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District 12
Estimated Total Cost:
Proposed Source of Federal Funds:
• LAK US-20 – 24.99: PID No. 109270
- This project involves major rehabilitation of Ridge Road (US-20), from Townline Road to SR-528, in Madison Township (location map
). Work will include minor widening and drainage replacement. The estimated cost of construction (CO), provided by the sponsor, is $16,000,000. The project will be fully funded with Major Rehab Program funds and ODOT District Preservation funds for award in July 2020.
o Consider installation of centerline rumble stripes to mitigate head-on collisions.
o Coordinate with Madison Township on the status and long term maintenance of the sidewalk.
Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Council (BPAC)
o Offset the sidewalk as far as possible from the traffic lane, especially in the higher speed sections.
o Recommend wide shoulders to better facilitate bike travel.
Intergovernmental Review and Consultation (IGRC):
- No comments; recommended for Planning and Programming Committee review.