Estimated Total Cost: $61,583,165
Proposed Source of Federal Funds: Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
History/Background: RTA reports that its original state fiscal year (SFY) 2019 grant program is listed in the NOACA SFY 2018 – 2021 Transportation Improvement Program and the majority of the program is as originally proposed in the TIP. RTA is adding five new projects to its FFY 2019 program and the TIP and moving two projects back to future years. RTA is also seeking to revise and amend seven existing grants to address under-runs, over-runs, and revised priorities in its capital program impacting 10 TIP projects. RTA’s revisions to the FFY 2018 Capital Formula, FFY 2018 State of Good Repair, FFY 2018 Bus and Bus Facilities, FFY 2017 Capital Formula, FFY 2016 Capital Formula, FFY 2016 Bus and Bus Facilities and FFY 2014 State of Good Repair grant programs reflect these revisions.
Proposed Project: RTA is applying for various sources of funds including Section 5307 Capital Formula, Section 5337 State of Good Repair Formula and Section 5339 Bus Facilities Formula for FFY 2019, as described below:
• The Section 5307 Capital Formula projects include Rail State of Good Repair, Bus Preventive Maintenance, Bus Replacement Program Vehicles and Spare Parts, NOACA Unserved Areas Projects, Enhanced Rail ADA (Americans with Disabilities) Access, Substation Improvement Program, Light Rail Retaining Wall Reconstruction, Bus Spare Parts Program, West 117th Street Track Bridge Rehabilitation, Tower City East Portal Repairs and (new) Overhead Catenary System (OCS) Rehabilitation Program.
• Section 5337 Rail Formula projects include Rail Preventive Maintenance, Rail Infrastructure Program, On-Call Rail Engineering, Rail Grinding Program, Light Rail Retaining Wall Reconstruction, Substation Improvement Program, Rail Spare Parts Program, West 117th Street Track Bridge Rehabilitation, (new) Warrensville/Van Aken Station Platform, (new) Warrensville/Van Aken Comfort Station, (new) Spiker Nipper Machine Replacement and (new) Signal System Upgrade Program.
• Section 5339 Bus and Bus Facilities Formula projects include Bus Replacement Program Vehicles and Spare Parts.
RTA is seeking to revise seven existing grants to address projected under-runs, over-runs and revised priorities in its Capital Program as described below:
• 2018 Capital Formula, State of Good Repair and Bus and Bus Facilities Grants – The grants are being revised and amended to account for a net increase of $5,324,654 ($4,259,722 federal and $1,064,932 local) of formula allocations. RTA is adding Bus (High Intensity Motorbus) Preventive Maintenance funding, funding the East 79th Street Station rehabilitation, increasing bus replacement vehicle funding, reducing funding to the CAD/AVL System, moving the Enterprise Content Management project to a future year and adding (new) OSC Rehabilitation Program.
• 2017 Capital Formula and State of Good Repair and 2016 Capital Formula and Bus and Bus Facilities Grants - The grants will be revised and amended to reduce Bus Replacement Program Vehicle and Preventive Maintenance Rail funding in order to fund the proposed Triskett Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Loading and Storage Facility, renovations to the Triskett Garage Building to be CNG compliant and the East 79th Street Station rehabilitation.
• 2014 Section 5337 State of Good Repair Grant - The grant will be revised to decrease funds for the East 79th Street Station Rehabilitation Design to fund the Tower City East Portal Repairs Design.
Staff Comment (Summary):
Planning & Programming Committee:
- No Comments; recommended for Planning & Programming Committee review.
Intergovernmental Review and Consultation (IGRC):
- No Comments; recommended for Executive Committee review.
- No Comments; recommended for Board of Directors' review.