Promoting and incentivizing commute alternatives benefits your employees, the planet, and your bottom line. Many employees have concerns about their existing commutes. Driving and parking at work can be expensive, time-consuming, and stressful. Fortunately, there is another way, and Gohio Commute is here to help.
Encouraging employees to choose alternative commute modes, even if it’s only once a week, can improve employee wellness, productivity, and retention. It can also benefit you as an employer by generating savings through tax benefits, lease costs, and reduced parking demand.
The easiest and best way to promote commute alternatives and track your employees’ behavior is to set up a subsite through Gohio Commute. We can help you set up a custom subsite, including your own branding, content, map layers, and personalized domain name. Want to learn more? Contact the Gohio Commute team
Gohio Commute can help you promote every travel mode to your employees.
- Carpool: Carpooling saves your employees money and frees up parking space at your business. It is also a great way for employees to get to know each other and build a rapport. Gohio Commute’s online ride-matching platform <link to NOACA-branded trip planner> provides you and your employees with an easy to use, interactive, and free way to set up carpools. As an employer, you can even set up your own custom subsite so that your employees can seamlessly match with one another.
- Vanpool: If you have a group of 5-15 employees who live and work near each other, what could be a better way for them to get to work than to share the ride in a comfortable, worry-free vanpool? Gohio Commute <link to NOACA-branded trip planner> helps you identify and manage vanpools, which help your employees get to work for a reasonable price without having to worry about vehicle maintenance or insurance. And if you’re located in Cuyahoga County, your employees may even qualify for a subsidy through GCRTA’s VanShare program.
- Biking: Want to ensure that your employees are happy and healthy when they get to work each day? Encourage them to skip the stress and hassle of driving by biking to work instead. Gohio Commute <link to NOACA-branded trip planner> can help you learn more bike-friendly workplace practices and provide you with key resources, including local bike maps and route planning. Your employees can even create bikepools to ride together, as part of our Ohio Bike Buddies program.
- Walking: Promoting fresh air and exercise is a surefire way to increase productivity and boost your employees’ morale. Gohio Commute <link to NOACA-branded trip planner> can help learn more about how to be a more walkable, pedestrian-friendly workplace and provide your employees with the tools and information they need to try walking to work.
- Public transit: Northeast Ohio has every transit option to meet your employees’ needs – whether buses, trolleys, light and heavy rail, or bus-rapid transit (BRT). Gohio Commute <link to NOACA-branded trip planner> can help your employees identify the best routes for their commute and help you promote transit within your organization.
- Telecommuting: There’s no easier way to take the stress out of commuting than to skip the commute entirely! Allowing employees to telecommute is an easy way lower stress and reduce commuting costs, all while increasing productivity and workplace satisfaction. Not sure how to get started? Gohio Commute <link to NOACA-branded trip planner> can help you with our sample telecommuting policies and agreements <link to Employer Telecommuting page>.