AIM Forward 2040 is the framework for directing investment for all forms of transportation in Northeast Ohio, including motor vehicle, bridge, transit, bicycle, walking and the movement of freight. The plan offers a vision of the region's transportation system through the year 2040 and identifies $15.8 billion in transportation investments that address accessibility, safety and mobility for people who live and work in Northeast Ohio.
AIM Forward 2040 makes plans for managing congestion, maintaining transportation assets, planning for increased freight movements, increasing transportation safety and security; and mitigating environmental impacts.
More than 90 percent of the funds identified in AIM Forward 2040 will go toward maintaining existing infrastructure and investing in transit and livability projects.
NOACA's Board of Directors approved the plan on June 9, 2017.
AIM FORWARD 2040
List of Figures
Chapter 1: Regional Context
- 1.1 Population
- 1.2 Employment
Chapter 2: Foundation
- 2.1 Federal Regulations
- 2.2 Regional Strategic Plan Goals, Objectives and Strategies (Resolution 2015-004)
- 2.3 Statement of Principles (Resolution 99-015, Revised 2/19/99)
- 2.4 Transportation Planning Goals (Resolution No. 2005-016, Revised via Resolution 2009-013)
Chapter 3: Plan Development
- 3.1 Congestion Management Plans
- 3.2 Transportation Asset Management
- 3.3 Transportation System Resiliency
- 3.4: Freight
- 3.5: Livable Communities
- 3.5.1: Transportation for Livable Communities Initiative
- 3.5.2: Transit
- 3.5.3: Specialized Transportation and Mobility Management
- 3.5.4: Active Transportation
- 3.5.5: Travel and Tourism
- 3.6: Transportation Safety
- 3.7: Security
- 3.8: Environmental Impact Mitigation
Chapter 4: Projects
Chapter 5: Project Impacts
- 5.1: Financial Plan for the NOACA Region
- 5.2: Environmental Justice
- 5.3: Transportation Conformity
Chapter 6: Public Involvement
Chapter 7: A Visionary Transportation Future
Appendix: AIM Forward 2040 Minor Projects – Fiscally Constrained
Additional Information: NOACA undertook a robust public involvement effort in developing AIM Forward 2040. The agency utilized both statistically relevant public opinion surveys and an online engagement platform called CrowdGauge to solicit priorities and attitudes. NOACA also utilized social and traditional media to gauge public opinion and hosted five (5) public meetings in 2016. In all, thousands of individuals in NEO were engaged in the process. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.