NOACA's Rural Advisory Council will help the External Affairs Committee better understand the planning issues of rural communities and aid the agency in efficiently producing policies and programs that create a harmonious and cohesive relationship between urban and rural land uses and their respective constituencies in the NOACA region.
The NOACA Rural Advisory Council seeks to:
The Council will:
- Promote public awareness of all of NOACA plans and programs to rural communities.
- Be an active conduit of communication of planning activities between rural and urban communities.
- Be a forum by which NOACA will receive comment and advice and facilitate conversation on planning concerns of rural communities.
- Be a forum for dialogue between urban and rural planning concerns
- Provide continuous and balanced public representation in the development of regional plans and policies.
- Provide Board and staff with guidance that conveys residents' perspectives.
- Ensure the effectiveness of outreach and engagement strategies by working with staff to serve as a "speakers' bureau" and as a local voice to spread awareness.
- Presentations from Rural Advisory Council meetings are available on NOACA's website calendar under the date of the meeting.
Related Documents and Links: