a) Provide funding priority and other preferences with scoring criteria to projects that
(1) promote the redevelopment of declining and abandoned areas
(2) provide improved access to primary and secondary schools, colleges, universities and educational opportunities
(3) enhance the public’s access to and enjoyment of the region’s parks, cultural assets and recreational activities
(4) preserve agricultural lands, open space and important habitat areas, woodlands, and wetlands
(5) promote healthy and active living
b) Make prudent and necessary infrastructure improvements to minimize the economic burden of transportation investments on the region’s taxpayers.
c) Ensure that safety factors are considered in the development of regional infrastructure.