More than 330 people attended NOACA's 2018 Annual Meeting, “Forging the Future of
Transportation” on September 14 at the Global Center for Health Innovation in Cleveland. Keynote speaker Dirk Ahlborn, CEO of Hyperloop Transportation Technologies, engaged the attendees with the presentation “Building the Hyperloop” - how hyperloop works, its history and development, test projects, and the feasibility study currently being conducted in partnership with NOACA. Cleveland State University Associate Professor Jacqueline Jenkins spoke about autonomous and connected vehicles, how planners and engineers must deal with and adapt to rapidly changing vehicle technologies, and how these technologies will impact the way we travel in the future.
NOACA Executive Director Grace Gallucci reviewed NOACA’s accomplishments in this, the agency’s 50th anniversary year, and discussed how the future of transportation is being forged in Northeast Ohio. The three featured speakers participated in a panel discussion moderated by ideastream Senior Host and Producer Rick Jackson.
Revisit NOACA’s Annual Meeting in video!
• Welcome and Opening Remarks - NOACA Executive Director Grace Gallucci and NOACA Board President Armond Budish
• Reflecting on the Past, Piloting the Present, Forging the Future – Grace Gallucci
• Educating Transportation Engineers as Vehicle Technology Advances – Cleveland State University Associate Professor Jacqueline Jenkins, Ph.D., P.Eng.
• Building the Hyperloop – Cofounder and CEO of Hyperloop Transportation Technologies, Dirk Ahlborn
• Panel Q & A - moderated by ideastream Senior Host and Producer Rick Jackson
2018 NOACA Annual Report, Fifty Forward
, distributed at the meeting.
THANK YOU TO OUR ANNUAL MEETING SPONSORS