(Monday, May 14, 2018) – A recent financial audit of the Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA) by the Auditor of State's office has returned a clean audit report. NOACA's excellent record keeping has earned it the Auditor of State Award.
"We are very pleased, but not surprised to have received this award,” said NOACA Executive Director Grace Gallucci. “At NOACA we take great pride in being good stewards of public funds. This award exemplifies that commitment.”
The Auditor of State Award is presented to local governments upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a "clean" audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State's office in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity's management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records
* * *
The Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA) is a transportation and environmental planning agency that represents state, county, city, village, and township officials in Greater Cleveland. NOACA addresses the transportation, air quality, and water quality needs of Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain and Medina counties. The agency and its partners cooperatively develop and implement plans to ensure that travel throughout the region is safe, cost-effective and environmentally sound. NOACA’s vision is to STRENGTHEN regional cohesion, PRESERVE existing infrastructure, and BUILD a sustainable multimodal transportation system to SUPPORT economic development and ENHANCE quality of life in Northeast Ohio. To learn more about NOACA, visit www.noaca.org.
Media Contact: Jocelynn Clemings, Communications and Public Engagement Manager,