The Air Quality Subcommittee provides advice and policy recommendations to the Planning and Programming Committee
with regard to environmental planning responsibilities. The Air Quality Subcommittee focuses on air quality planning issues including tracking changes in USEPA’s National Ambient Air Quality Standards, forecasting ambient air pollution for the region, and providing technical review of NOACA’s transportation conformity determinations for the region’s nonattainment areas.
The Air Quality Subcommittee:
- Provides advice and policy recommendations on issues or projects related to air quality
- Assists the Board and agency staff in identifying significant air quality problems, priorities and concerns using a comprehensive regional approach
- Assist the Board and agency staff in air quality work program development
2016 Focus Areas:
- Improvement of air quality outreach program
- Signal Timing Optimization Program (STOP)
- Review policies and identify strategies to manage urban sprawl
- Long-Range Transportation Plan
- 2018-2021 Transportation Improvement Program
- Transportation Choice Program
Presentations from Air Quality Subcommittee meetings are available on NOACA's website calendar under the date of the meeting.
Related Documents and Links: