The Air Quality Subcommittee provides advice and policy recommendations to the Planning and Programming Committee
with regard to environmental planning responsibilities. The Air Quality Subcommittee focuses on air quality planning issues including tracking changes in USEPA’s National Ambient Air Quality Standards, forecasting ambient air pollution for the region, and providing technical review of NOACA’s transportation conformity determinations for the region’s nonattainment areas.
The Air Quality Subcommittee:
- Provides advice and policy recommendations on issues or projects related to air quality
- Assists the Board and agency staff in identifying significant air quality problems, priorities and concerns using a comprehensive regional approach
- Assist the Board and agency staff in air quality work program development
2017 Focus Areas:
- Air quality outreach program
- Signal Timing Optimization Program (STOP)
- Review policies and identify strategies to manage urban sprawl
- Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) Program projects
- Transportation Choice and Outreach Strategy
Presentations from Air Quality Subcommittee meetings are available on NOACA's website calendar under the date of the meeting.
Related Documents and Links: