Enhanced Mobility for Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities Program (Section 5310)

Specialized Transportation banner

About the Program:

The Enhanced Mobility for Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities (Section 5310) program provides capital grants to assist private non-profit corporations and public agencies who offer coordinated transportation services that are planned, designed, and carried out to meet the needs of seniors and individuals with disabilities in the Cleveland Urbanized area.

Eligible Applicants

      • Private non-profit organizations
      • State and local government authorities
      • Public or private operators of public transportation services* 

*To be considered public transportation, the general nature of the service must include shared rides, meaning two or more passengers in the same vehicle who are otherwise not traveling together.

If you are in a small urban area or a rural area please contact ODOT for more information.

What the Program Provides: The program funds 80 percent of the cost of capital projects and the remaining 20 percent must be covered by local funding. This is a competitive grant program. Proposals for operating expenses are not eligible for funding during this grant cycle.

FY 2017 Enhanced Mobility for Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities Awards

On June 9, 2017, NOACA's Board of Directors approved funding for the following communities and social service agencies to purchase vehicles, computers and software, or provide operating support:

FY 2017 NOACA Section 5310 Program Recommendations

Agency

Request

Recommendation
(80% Fed. Share)

Transit Agency Allocations (at least 60% of Program Funding)

1

Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Agency

Vehicle Replacements

$      2,205,440.00

$              1,207,025.76

2

Laketran

Vehicle Replacements

$      1,683,388.00

$                  691,768.18

Transit Total

$ 3,888,828.00

$              1,898,793.94

Competitive Application Recommendations (up to 40% of Program Funding)

1

Senior Transportation Connection

Vehicle Replacements, Computer Hardware/Software, and Communications Equip

$          541,600.00

$                  363,600.00

2

Cleveland Sight Center

Vehicle Replacements

$            82,822.00

$                    82,822.00

3

Services for Independent Living, Inc.

Computer Hardware/Software, Communications and Security Equipment

$            47,517.00

$                      7,357.00

4

Bedford Heights

Vehicle Replacements

$            87,572.48

$                    87,572.48

5

Society for Handicapped Citizens

Vehicle Replacements

$          119,410.00

$                  119,410.00

6

Southwest General Health Center

Vehicle Replacement

$            93,986.40

$                    38,868.00

7

United Cerebral Palsy Association of Greater Cleveland

Vehicle Replacements

$          137,592.80

$                  137,592.80

8

Berea

Vehicle Replacement

$            42,178.00

$                    42,178.00

9

North Ridgeville Seniors, Inc.

Vehicle Replacement

$            50,617.00

$                    50,617.00

10

Strongsville

Vehicle Replacement

$            40,000.00

$                    40,000.00

11

Parma Heights

Vehicle Replacement

$            58,142.00

$                    58,142.00

12

Care Alliance

Vehicle Replacements

$          137,782.00

$                  101,600.00

13

Vocational Guidance Services

Vehicle Replacement

$            40,832.00

$                    40,000.00

14

Garfield Heights

Vehicle Replacement

$            47,680.00

$                    47,680.00

15

Welcome House Inc.

Vehicle Replacement

$            38,980.00

$                    38,980.00

Competitive Application Total

$ 3,106,539.28

$              1,256,419.28

Program Total

$              3,155,213.22


FY 2017 Enhanced Mobility for Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities (Section 5310) Materials: 

Questions?? Contact Jim Thompson at jthompson@mpo.noaca.org.

Prior Awards:

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Download Acrobat Reader Download Windows Media Player Download Word Viewer Download Excel Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer
Last updated: 8/21/2017 3:34:13 PM